zondag 16 augustus 2015

Some changes on the blog


 photo changes_zpsdj38urak.jpg

Lately I have had trouble focusing myself on writing reviews. I just did not have the energy for it. My new job is way more demanding than my previous one, and I am working too many hours. So at home, I did not really want to spend time behind the computer.
I have been neglecting the blogs I follow, and my own reading and blogging, and social media. I miss it, but at the moment it takes too much of my energy.

And I am also still addicted to watching Storage Wars and playing HayDay on the tablet.

I have sincerely considered stopping with my blog, and writing reviews, as that would save me lots of time I could spend reading and visiting blogs. But I don’t really want to do that, as I love interacting with other bloggers, readers and authors. I am happy with every comment I get on my blogposts.

 photo cute_zpswffw4ifk.jpg

So for now, I will try to write shorter reviews. In the next few weeks, there are still some to come I wrote before today, and lots of shorter ones. I do hope you all keep reading them and like them, as I basically skip the telling you about the story, and focus more on my thoughts about the book.

I still read lots of books by favourite authors, so I know they are guaranteed good reads, but I have been trying some new authors from the new books I got in Berlin. With mixed results as you will find out.

I hope to catch up on reading the blogs I follow in the coming days, and stay caught up as well, but I won’t be online every evening.



© 2015 Reviews by Aurian

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Sounds like a good plan, Aurian. It's hard when real life zaps so much time and you're just too tired at the end of the day. Hope the shorter reviews help you with staying in the bloggy world. Would be so sad to see you disappear.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes I am still contemplating to stop, but also sometimes I have just finished a book and am writing a part of the review in my head.

      Verwijderen
  2. Hai Aurian. I think this is a good plan. This way you get the best of both worlds. You’ll still be able to participate in the world of blogs, but also still have time for recovering from work, do some HayDay and have other addictions than books!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes hayday is a very serious addiction. Perhaps I can stop when I am level 100

      Verwijderen
  3. Don't quit!!! *sniff* yes write shorter reviews, Karen does some nice shorties now and again. And there is another blogger that does REALLY short ones. They are all good, as long as you stay

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. good luck with everything darling! I hope everything will be ok.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hi Aurian, I understand you. Life can sometimes be very busy. Leaving very little time to do the things that you love. But I like your idea about writing shorter reviews about your thoughts.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Good luck with everything, Aurian! I know how difficult it is to fit in reviewing schedule when you are that busy. But there is always a compromise! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I am never as busy as you are Karina, I so love your second blog/facebook posts.

      Verwijderen