woensdag 4 mei 2016

Jennifer Estep - Kiss of Frost

The second book in the Mythos Academy series, published November 29, 2011
Genre: Young Adult Urban Fantasy
Cover: nice
Re-read for the second time.

Kiss of Frost photo 51vhqFmrs5L.SX316_zpsojigfzhi.jpg

Logan Quinn was trying to kill me. My Spartan classmate relentlessly pursued me, swinging his sword at me over and over again, the shining silver blade inching closer to my throat every time. A smile tugged up his lips, and his ice-blue eyes practically glowed with the thrill of battle. . .
I'm Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Academy, and I have no idea how I'm going to survive the rest of the semester. One day, I'm getting schooled in swordplay by the guy who broke my heart--the drop-dead gorgeous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invisible archer in the Library of Antiquities decides to use me for target practice. And now, I find out that someone at the academy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I'm afraid if I don't learn how to live by the sword--with Logan's help--I just might die by the sword. . .


Mythos Academy students are excited, because it is time for the Winter Carnival. Which means the whole school will go to a posh skiing resort, where they will do all kinds of winter sports, but especially: party! Get drunk and hang out. The other branches of the Mythos Academy will be there as well, so there will be new friends to make and make out with…
Gwen Frost is still having a crush on Logan Quinn, but he has only eyes for his new girlfriend Savannah, one of the Valkyries. She doesn't really want to go to the Winter Carnival, but when someone is seriously trying to kill her, she doesn't have much of a choice, especially as her grandmother urges her to go as well.

The murder attempts don't stop though, but Gwen does come a bit closer to Logan and his friends… and she learns how to handle her intelligent sword Vic, just in time…

7 stars.



Autobuy author

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

© 2016 Reviews by Aurian

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. I am skipping the novella's this time, only read the paper books I have.

      Verwijderen
  2. I love that sword. I'm glad you are enjoying these.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I want to try this series. I just finished Estep's Black Blade YA series and loved it. I'm really picky about YA, so I wasn't sure about this one, but after that series, I want to give this one a go. Glad you're enjoying this one.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I recently tried her YA series and loved it, so I want to dive into her adult books. Great review Aurian. I hope you have been well :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen